Thursday, March 22, 2012

Menu Tasting.. Check!

Don't you hate it when it feels like Friday and then you realize it's Thursday?

                                                        Heard that...

Or how about when you feel like it's almost 5pm and you look at the clock and it's only 2pm...

                                   That's basically what my clock is telling me.

Today is one of those days... and I'm sure it's because I had a short day at work yesterday and today because I had to leave for Cleveland for my menu tasting! Yum Yum Yum!

Hey Life, riddle me this: Why is it that the fun things always fly by and the boring things don't? Let me guess... you need 15 years to get back to me with an answer.

But anyways... for those of you that don't know me... Anything that has to deal with food = my dream come true.

Example: Oh hey Joanna, you're invited to this really boring meeting about Global Warming that lasts from 8am to 4pm... but there is breakfast and lunch provided!

Oh yeah? Food's provided? Sold! I'm there!

So yes, my menu tasting was a great success!

Tony and I drove to our reception site to meet my Mom, my Aunt and both of his parents for the tasting! It's always a party when my mom and aunt are together... and then you add in Tony's parents and it's a bigger and better party!

Once we were seated at our table, we were immediately brought the champagne that they are going to serve at our wedding. YES! Champagne! It's like they were reading my mind that I was thirsty for something good! I knew it was going to be a great night!

So here is how the dinner went:

Plate #1: A HUGE and DELICIOUS salad! I was already impressed and we hadn't even gotten to the main courses!

(After plate 1, I finished my champagne and ordered a glass of wine)

 

Plate #2: Two, 4 oz pieces of steak and chicken. The meat was so tender and delicious it literally melted in my mouth.... ::Insert "that's what she said" joke here:: The sides for this plate were a creamy mashed potato and green beans! Sounds perfect to me!

(After plate 2, I finished my glass of wine so my mom and I ordered a bottle)

 

Plate #3: Twin pork chops! Yes! Two! With a side of potatoes and cooked vegetables! I love me some pork!

(After plate 3, I filled up my wine glass again)

 

Plate #4: Tilapia with a side of flavorful rice and green beans! (This dish was my favorite! The tilapia was unbelievable!

(After plate 4 I was feeling good so I was doing more rambling talking than drinking)

Plate #5: Portabella mushroom stuffed ravioli. I hate mushrooms so I didn't eat this plate, but it looked very good!!

So from these 5 plates... You can obviously tell that no one went away hungry... or thirsty!
I even got every serving of protein and vegetables that you need in one day!

Overall, it was a pretty healthy tasting... other than the fact that I stuffed my face with rolls and that my mom and I finished off 2 bottles of wine... meh. Not ashamed. You only get married once, right?........ Well... most people anyways... maybe... you catch my drift.

                                         ANYWAYS... This was basically me...

After the tasting, Tony's parents wanted to see the church we are getting hitched at, so we took a quick tour of the church and then unfortunately, it was time for his parents to head back home.

Once we got back to the hotel, Tony, my mom, my aunt and I all went down to the hotel bar and shared many laughs and drinks together! We are all so excited for November to get here and being at our actual reception site made it feel even more realistic that Tony and I are actually getting married in 8 months!!!

                                                              YES!

SOOOO Jo(W)anna know what? The entire ride back to Bowling Green today, I was cheesin real hard and just smiling from ear to ear. I would have to say that the menu tasting was one of the best things so far throughout this engagement process! I was sad my dad couldn't be there due to business, but I knew he would have enjoyed it just as much as we all did!

I am excited that we can check off another thing on our list and feel satisfied about it! This process just keeps on getting better and better!

So yay to the menu tasting, yay to good food, yay to great company and yay to marriage!

I'll leave you with this....
                        Hahaha! Just another reason for me to hate mushrooms! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment