Monday, March 12, 2012

My Stone Cold Pack of Weirdos!

This past weekend was a blast! Did you miss me? (I know you did!) The sunshine was out, the atmosphere was positive and seeing all my bridesmaids bonding just made me so excited for the wedding!

                                         EEEEE! Hurry up, November!!

Tony and I's bridal group is so much fun and bridesmaid dress shopping was a success! Although a bunch of high schoolers overcrowded the store looking for prom dresses (Already?! I know, I was weirded out too), I didn't  let their "I'm in highschool and therefore I will always be cooler than you" attitude ruin the day! For the most part, I believe everyone had a wonderful time together and they all really enjoyed getting to know each other more!

We started Saturday off by just hanging out at my apartment, talking, and waiting for everyone to arrive! Once everyone was there and ready to go, we ventured off to David's Bridal! I had already written down a few styles that I liked from browsing the website, so once we entered the store and checked in for our appointment, we all started to pull those styles off the racks and hopped on into the dressing rooms!

Needless to say, everyone looked beautiful in everything they tried on... but I had to break the news to them that unfortunately they had to pick just one dress!!

Because everyone has different body shapes, I decided to let everyone pick different styles with the exception that they all had to be long, the same color, and the same fabric!

So basically, since my sister, Jen, picked this as her dress:





Everyone has to get something similar, but not the exactly the same.

Hahaha I am totally pulling your leg.

By the end of our appointment, everyone had on a dress that they loved and I think everyone was happy with their decision! If not, they are totally good liars!

After the appointment, we all went to lunch at El Zarape, which is a must eat when visiting Bowling Green. Rachel, Tony's sister, was speaking fluent spanish to the waiter while I just sat there devouring the chips and queso dip. Sometimes I forget to breathe when I eat. The food was great (clearly since I wasn't breathing) and the company was even better! (I hope that doesn't sound like I ate the company too. I wasn't that hungry!!)

After lunch, we then went to Fallen Timbers (an outdoor mall in Maumee, OH) to browse shoes and other wedding ideas. The trip to the mall basically turned into us fooling around in Dillards, dancing on the sidewalks and shopping for things we didn't even need!

                                                           For example:

                 My sister, Jen, and I found Biebs in the women's department... not surprised.

We soon met up with Tony and some of the guys for dinner. Since we had a party of 10, it was obviously hard for us to find a place to eat on a Saturday night. We ended up eating at Poco Piatti, a mediterranean restaurant in Perrysburg, Oh. Again, the food was amazing and the night was filled with laughter, lots of pictures, and great company!

                                                          The group!

We ended the night playing the game Charades, which ended up being a ton of fun and had us laughing so hard that some of us had to really try and control our bladders! We are getting old.

So Jo(W)anna know what? Although it was a crazy and eventful weekend, I am so blessed and thankful to have such a wonderful group of people in my life. They're a stone cold pack of weirdo's but I couldn't ask for better friends and family in my life. Although there is always going to be ups and downs throughout this whole engagement process, it's comforting to know that I have people who I can always turn to when I need a shoulder to cry on.... unless they are like Kate's friend and doesn't have any shoulders...


But anyways, I honestly can't wait for other future engagement/wedding events to come! This weekend marked the beginning of a fun and emotional journey!  Bring on November! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment