Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hello Sunshine!


Today in Toledo, Ohio, it is a high of 68, sunny, with a 100% chance of proper celebration after 5pm!

I honestly couldn't be more stoked about this warm weather! Sometimes I feel like humans hibernate just like animals do. When winter is over and the sun comes out and the temperature reads above 50, it's like the population magically triples in size.

Ohioans slowly start to emerge from their living rooms, slip on those flip-flops (even if it is 50 degrees with a real feel of 45) and do a big long stretch in their front yards reacquainting themselves with Mr. Sun.

It's like we go from a ghost town to an average day in the life of New York City in just a few short months. It's cray!


Well.. my analogy is a bit extreme, but you catch my drift!

"But wait, Joanna. Wasn't it just snowing there like a few days ago?"

Why yes, it was. BUT IT'S OHIO!

                                              See... Drew understands.

Ohio will always be weird with weather. But us Ohioans understand and accept the weather and you can guarentee that we all keep our flip-flops handy just in case it's 55 degrees on Thanksgiving (just like it was this past Thanksgiving).

The weather started to warm up again this past Sunday while my sister, Jen, was still in town. Jen, my roommates, and I decided to take advantage of the sunshine and go for a long run. We ran a good 6 miles! And even though we stopped there, we felt like it was one of those days where we could have just ran all day. The wind was perfect and the temperature was perfect.

The only thing not perfect was the way I looked after the run.

I swear I was born with 10x the amount of sweat glands a normal human being should have.

Don't believe me?

                                                         PROOF!

This is a perfect outline of my body after a run.... in the winter. If it's this sweaty on concrete... in the winter time, try to imagine how I look in real life... in the spring and summer time... better yet, please don't. It's gross. You might have nightmares.

For my half marathon in May, I will need 4 sweat towls (1 for every half hour of running), a hat with a fan on it (maybe a mister too), and an immediate shower when I cross the finish line.

             Thank God they actually exist. Future purchase of mine? Yes! Am I ashamed? No.

So Jo(W)anna know what? No matter the amount of sweat on my body or no matter how hot the sun gets as the months progress, I love being outside and I love being active. So if looking like a sweaty fool while being active is the only way to keep me on the right path of living a happy and healthy lifestyle, then so be it! Looking like a  sweaty fool it is!!

Hibernation season is over!

So for all you sweaty active people out there like me, stay active! Who cares what you look like.. if someone see's you when you are at your sweatiest and says "oh my gosh look how sweaty that girl is?", they'll forget about you in 30 seconds when they see another ridiculously sweaty person just up the road. And remember, It could be worse... They could be saying "oh my gosh look at what that person is wearing"....

                                                                Yikes...

Enjoy the sunshine friends! :) 

2 comments: