Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy National Something On A Stick Day!

Happy National Something on a Stick Day!

Yes, Bush. You should know this! It is a national holiday...

I bet you didn't know that something on a stick had it's own national holiday, did ya? Welp, now ya do!

Something On A Stick day is always on March 28th!

For all of you that may or may not have your head in the gutter... National Something on a Stick Day means that... well... today, you literally celebrate things on a stick.

You can celebrate by eating foods that comes on a stick, or by literally just putting anything on a stick and celebrating it.

For example: (These pictures are from the National Something on a Stick Day website) 
(stick on a stick. Clever kid...)


(Hotwheels on a stick... cool I guess)

(Kewpie on a stick... this looks terribly wrong)

(Banana on a stick... meh I'm starting to feel uncomfortable...)

(Meat on a stick.... Ok I'm going to stop here... this is getting weird)

Anyways...you get my point! Today, we can literally celebrate anything on a stick! Want to see more of these pictures of things on a stick? I don't blame you if you don't, but if yes, the Addison Group would like you to celebrate with them! How you ask? Find a stick, put something on it, and send a picture their way! Click here if you want to participate!

So not that I need an excuse to eat food on a stick, but when given the public opportunity to, I am going to take advantage of it! Plus, I love corn dogs...

"That makes me want a hot dog real bad..."  - Legally Blonde 2

As weird of a holiday it is, it seems to be getting nation wide recognition and people are celebrating it in it's rightful and proper manner.

  • The anchors of ABC World News celebrated this morning by eating corn dogs, popsicles, cake balls on a stick, and more while sitting at their newsroom desk!

(This has an uncomfortable screen shot before the video plays)


  • And of course, including myself, people are blogging about this delicious holiday here and here.
Me celebrating National Something on a Stick Day by eating pineapple on a stick! :)

So Jo(W)anna Know What? Why not celebrate sticks! I don't think sticks get enough recognition that they deserve.

- Without sticks... I wouldn't have my wedding centerpieces that I plan on using in November!
- Without sticks... we wouldn't have bonfires!
- Without sticks, we wouldn't have have corny jokes like, "what's brown and sticky?"

STICKS! (You can thank my sister, Jen, for that joke!)

So here's to you sticks and for bringing joy into our everyday lives!

So by being perfectly aware that I have to weigh in tomorrow for Weight Watchers, I will celebrate today by eating a corndog...
No, no, you skinny stick... he's just thick sticked.

No comments:

Post a Comment