In Sheila's most recent blog post, she nominated me for the Liebster Award.
What is the Liebster Award you ask? Well that's a good question. I had to do some research myself... which I was perfectly content with since Google is my best friend...
Me and Google on my wedding day.
(Clearly I am in need of a life)
But regardless of mine and Google's relationship, I found out that the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Wait a tick. Should I take this as a compliment? Like a, thanks for the reminder that no one follows me, kind of compliment? Hmm...
Anyways, the word Liebster is apparently a German word and means: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Although I am flattered, Miss Sup, that I came to mind for this beloved award; I am quite disappointed that the adjectives prettiest and funniest are not a part of that mind-blowingly long definition of Liebster...
I'm sure I'll get over it.
To keep this Liebster movement going, there are rules to receiving this award:
1. Choose 11 other up-and-coming bloggers and link them to your Liebster post.
2. Answer the 11 questions the previous blogger has set for you, then create 11 different ones for the bloggers you will choose.
3. Let those bloggers know you tagged them!
4. No tagging back to the person who nominated you.
So to start off, these were the questions that were passed along for me to answer:
1. What is your favorite season? Elaborate please.
No hesitation here. FALL!! Where do I even begin? I'll start with the fact that my birthday is in October, college homecoming, FOOTBALL (go Steelers!), the colors, the brisk air, fall fashion, my wedding anniversary, the list could go on and on.
2. Describe one of your biggest pet peeves.
I absolutely lose my cool when slow drivers drive in the left hand lane. Please refer to a previous blog post of mine covering the topic of serious road rage... that will do all the explaining.
3. You just won $1,000,000. What would you do with your winnings?
Pay off all remaining debt, buy a house, donate some of it to humane societies, take my family on a trip around the world, take a second honeymoon, and then put the rest in savings for my kids some day!
4. Fill in the blanks. I couldn't live without ______________ because _________________.
I'm going to be a sap with this answer and say I couldn't live without my husband, Tony, because he's my second (and better) half. However, IF I was single... I would totally say, I couldn't live without pizza because it is the best thing God could have put on this earth.
5. Who is your favorite sports team?
If you didn't catch that in my answer from question number one.... THE STILLERS! I bleed black and gold baby.
6. What lesson did you learn the hard way?
Oh goodness... too many to count and probably not smart of me to share... ;o)
7. If you could pick a different career, what would it be?
A television host for sure! Oh.. and to also become best friends with Jennifer Lawrence and Kristen Wiig.
8. What is the craziest food you've ever tried? Was it awful or wonderful?
I would have to say alligator! And it wasn't bad... "Taste like chicken!"
9. Where was your last vacation spot?
Home to see my family in Oklahoma!
10. Silver or gold?
I have a lot of silver, but my favorite is actually rose gold! You give me anything rose gold, you have my heart.
11. If you could share one piece of advice with the world, what would it be?
To seriously stop with the judgement and accept people for who they are. In the words of Mother Teresa, "if you judge people, you have no time to love them". Everyone was created different, and that is just the plain truth.
So if you're still awake after reading my nail biting answers, it is now time to pass the torch. Clearly, since I don't have that many followers (7 to be exact), I don't have that many people to tag. However, I do have three followers who are avid bloggers that I enjoy following and reading. They are; Carrie Stevenson's: Keep Calm and Carrie On. , Margaret's: Life After Athens and Jess Brady's: Runner in Stilettos. So I now pass this on to you, ladies, with the following questions to answer:
1. What is your favorite hobby? (Besides blogging of course)
2. If a real life genie appeared while you did your weekly lamp polishing, what would be your 3 wishes?
3. If you could leave right now for a 2 week vacation, where would you go?
4. If you were a super hero, what powers would you have?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. What is a cool family tradition you have, or have started?
7. What is your favorite childhood memory?
8. What historical figure would you love to see in 21st century life?
9. What is your favorite holiday?
10. If you were ever to be famous, what would you be famous for?
11. What is quote that you live by?
Alright, ladies! The stage is all yours! Can't wait to read what you come up with! And thanks again, Sheila, for being such a liebster for thinking of me!