Monday, May 7, 2012

A Weekend Recap

I will still never understand why the things you look forward to the most fly by in a blink of an eye. 


But anyways, what a weekend! Of course, and as always, it wasn't long enough. All weekends never are.


Friday night my roommates and I hung out at home. Lately, it's been a rarity that we have all been home at once on the weekend, so we wanted to soak it up! Drinks in hand, we all hung out in the living room and shared laughs! Those are my favorite kind of nights. (We also wanted to rest up for Saturday/Cinco de Mayo)


Saturday morning came quickly, and man did it go by quickly too....


Tony and I went car shopping because his 2001 Ford Ranger is pretty much on its death bed... We looked at a few cars, got some lunch, then headed home. 


After I let my belly rest, my roommate, Jenny, and I then went on a 5.5 mile run. The sun was out, the wind was blowing, it was a perfect day for a run! (I also didn't want to feel guilty about the amount of the food and drinks I was about to consume that night)


Then we let the Cinco de Mayo festivities begin! We all began cooking and preparing our favorite Mexican dishes! 


The process of making my cream cheese filled jalapenos wrapped in bacon!

The finished product!

Cristina's Taco Cupcakes!

Jenny's chicken and cheese quesadillas!

The feast! Or as Tony would call it, the "Feastista"

My plate... I had to take a bite before I took a picture!

After one plate full, the buttons on my pants wanted to pop off... oh wait, I wore shorts with an elastic waste JUST for that reason... 

Despite my fullness, it was time to get ready for the real fiesta! We all got dressed up in festive colors, put on our sombreros and blended up some margaritas! 

Cristina, Me and Jenny!

So Jo(W)anna know what? The weekend was a blast... even though I spent most of Sunday in bed feeling under the weather. Margaritas... you won. Tony made me a nice steak dinner last night to make up for not being alone on our anniversary last weekend and then we went out for ice cream at one of Bowling Green's best ice cream shops, The Sundae Station. He's the best! It was so good to all be together for a weekend! Making these kinds of memories with my best friends makes me the happiest person. Never take your friends or the people you love for granted, and make sure you always set aside time for them. Time is a perfect reflection of priorities, always remember that! 

Hope you all had a wonderful Cinco de Mayo/Weekend as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment