Friday, May 4, 2012

May the Fourth be with you on Cinco De Mayo

If April Showers bring May Flowers, then what do May Flowers bring?

Pilgrims!! ;o) BA DUM CHING!

May is a cool and eventful month and there is a lot is going on in this particular month that I am excited for! 

Let's start with yesterday!
---------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday (May 3) was 53rd day! Get it? 5/3? Clever cool, I know.


I happened to stop at the bank yesterday and when I walked in, it was like I walked into a party! There was lemonade, cookies and all the co-workers were wearing special fifth third bank t-shirts! 
My bank did an ixnay on the balloons and wasn't quite this extreme, but it was still cool!


I am completely aware that this is something incredibly silly to get excited over, but when you have a good relationship with the tellers at your bank, well, it makes me just love my bank. (It also helps that one of the tellers is a HUGE Steelers fan. I always stand in her line so we can gossip Steelers. High Fives!)


---------------------------------------------------------

Now today, when I logged on to Facebook this morning, the saying "May the Fourth Be With You" was everywhere! Apparently, May 4th is Star Wars Day? News to me! At first I thought it was funny, but now everyone at work and those on all my silly social media accounts is saying it and it's losing its humor... fast. 


Seriously...

I'm not a big Star Wars fan so I'm taking a wild guess that that is the reason why hearing the joke once was good enough for me...

So now the month of May is up to a total of seven holidays. What are the other 6 you ask? 
Well....
1. Fifth Third Day. (5/3)
2. Star Wars Day. (5/4)
3. Cinco de Mayo (5/5)
4. Mother's Day. (5/13)
5. Armed Forces Day. (5/19)
6. Victoria Day (5/21)
7. Memorial Day (5/28)


Now if only we could get off of work for all of those holidays... life would be great.


---------------------------------------------------------


I am excited for Cinco de Mayo because my roommates and I plan on cooking, baking, eating, and drinking many Mexican treats. 
Sad, yet true.


Yes, I know that Cinco de Mayo is pretty much only celebrated in the U.S., and that some American's can make the holiday seem a bit degrading with how they celebrate (you silly college kids), but my roommates and I plan on respectfully celebrating Mexican heritage and pride by dedicating the day eating homemade salsa, guacamole dip, seven layered dip, cream cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in bacon, sangria, margaritas and much, MUCH, more!


(Remind me to run on Sunday)


---------------------------------------------------------


Now Mother's Day on the other hand, is truly a holiday that in the past I just brushed off. It hasn't been until these past 3 years that I truly appreciate mine and my mother's relationship. I can honestly say that she is my best friend and that we share a mother-daughter relationship that is rare. I honestly couldn't say enough wonderful things about my mother. She is selfless, funny, positive, smart, and beautiful (obviously, she made me...)


So don't forget to wish your mother a Happy Mother's Day. Even if it's just a phone call... mother's appreciate anything they can get from their children! 


I have still yet to find my mom's supermom cape, but I know it's somewhere... as my mom would say, "I'm sure it's in a very safe place..."


---------------------------------------------------------


Memorial day is one of my favorite long-weekend holidays! It pretty much marks the beginning of summer and vacation! 



Besides obviously remembering all our nation's heroes, most people use this long-weekend to take a mini-vacation! No plans are set in stone for what I have planned this memorial day, but my good friend, Stephanie, is graduating from Duke University as a Physical Therapist and Tony and I are in the process of planning a possible trip there to celebrate her hard work! It's always nice to plan a long weekend to see some old friends, catch up, and share some good laughs! Those moments are the best! 


---------------------------------------------------------


Now May 20... it's not a holiday but it will be for me! I am running my first half marathon with Cristina, her brother, and Tony! I am nervous and excited at the same time and I absolutely cannot wait to cross that finish line with them. Although I am excited to actually say I accomplished a 13.1 mile race, again, I think I am more excited for the t-shirt and medal. I am taking that Monday after the race off of work, so yes, to me it is a holiday. 

Lately, I cannot get enough of someecards... they seriously crack me up. So with that, here is another one..

I hope it does too... hahaha

---------------------------------------------------------

So Jo(W)anna know what? When all is said and done, eventful months go by quick. May is going to fly by... just like April did... just like March did... and so on. Before ya know it, it's going to be Christmas and I am going to be a wife!! That's so weird to write.. But for real though, time is a precious gift.. which is why we call it the present. Live it up and enjoy this Friday, this weekend, this month, oh heck, this entire year! 

Let this serve as a reminder for next Spring. It will be here before you know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment