Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year Day! Did I say that right?

Yay. Happy Leap Year Day! (not even sure if that is even the correct way to describe today but that is how I am going to call what today is)
Not sure who Scott and Amy are but they got the right idea.

I think that since Leap Year only occurs every four years, it should be considered a holiday. It only makes sense, right? Leap Year Day, if you think about it, is an extra day of life. Usually, we get 365 days to live but every 4 years we get 366! So cool, right? 

I truly believe there are not enough Holiday's in the year. ("Real World" people would totally agree with me on this one).

Just think of all the fun you could have on Leap Year Day if it was a holiday....

1. Leap Year Day Parties. You could play druken leap frog... with your pops.

2. Leap Year Day bar specials. Why not celebrate your extra day of life with a few brewskis? No picture needed to describe this one.

3. Leap Year Day flash mobs. Where everyone gets together in one place and just leaps everywhere... in leotards.

4. Leap Year Day television shows. Where the cast of Glee spends a whole episode dedicated to singing songs about leap year.

5. Leap Year Day Hobby Lobby decorations for your home.

6. Leap Year Day special recipes that you make for your Leap Year Day party. YUM. (too bad I gave up sweets for lent) Womp womp.

7. If you're a girl and want to trap your man in your relationship... PROPOSE! Today is the ONLY day it is acceptable!! Do it now or forever hold your peace!

8. AN EXTRA DAY OF FebruANY $5 DOLLAR FOOTLONGS AT SUBWAY! OH EM GEE AND A FREE COOKIE!

You catch my drift. The list could go on and on.

Think of all this stuff we could be celebrating if ONLY we had the day off.

WTF government? Doesn't Obama want a free cookie today? Take the day off because in all reality you wouldn't have had this extra day anyways...
                                       You know you'll regret tonight Obama...

Jo(W)anna know what? Although we obviously don't have today off (duh), doesn't mean we still can't celebrate this extra day of life once 5pm strikes.

Tony promised me he would make me breakfast for dinner tonight (I love breakfast for dinner sometimes) and since I gave up diet coke and sweets for lent, you can bet your bottom that I will be celebrating my extra day of life with a bottle of wine and some great company!

And for those of you with birthdays today? TAKE THE REST OF THE DAY OFF and do everything from numbers 1 through 8 on my list. (Well 1-7 if you are a guy) ;-)



So Happy Leap Year Day friends! Lets all be thankful for our extra day of life today!





                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment