Monday, February 27, 2012

Case of the Mondays

                    No exaggeration when I say this is how I feel and probably look today.


I woke up this morning feeling like my lymph nodes in my neck had been stung by bees. They are so swollen, that it's literally like a work out each time I need to swallow. 


Being sick is not fun when you are an adult for many reasons. 
1. No one to bring you food. You actually have to force yourself to get out of bed to eat. 
2. No one to bring you meds. You actually have to measure out the thera-flu yourself.
3. No one to complain to about how disgusting the thera-flu tastes. 
4. Day time tv is awful. 


Basically, what I am trying to say, is that there is no one here to make me my b*tch and I am BORED!


When I am done complaining to you via blog, I will curl back up on the couch and cry for my mommy.


                                                         Not ashamed.


I think every 24 year old (male or female) wishes they secretly had their mom there to take care of them when they are sick. It's definitely times like this where my appreciation for my mother grows stronger. Suck up points, please. 


No seriously though. My mom is great. 


As weird as this sounds, I would rather be at work then being at home, sick. What?!? Joanna you're weird. I know.


I have so much work I have to get done though that it stresses me out to think about how much catching-up I have to do when I go back. 


Jo(W)anna know what though? I am going to fight these germs that are taking over my body like a ninja because I can't afford physically, and mentally, to lay here for another day. Seriously, I don't know how to keep myself entertained anymore.


Tony is making me a wonderful dinner tonight and I am going to attempt giving him my puppy dog eyes for a back rub too (If you are reading this, Tony, get your hands ready!) ;-) 


Hopefully I will be able to get my sick little (or should I say big) butt to work tomorrow. If not, I will only be lead to believe that this happened...




Stay healthy friends and stay away from me for now!

1 comment: