Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shout Out To a Local Celeb!

The other day I was having a conversation with a friend about the path's that people walk down after high school and college. You always imagine the pretty, popular girls growing up and getting everything they could ever dream of. You always imagine the cute, popular guys getting full rides to college because they either play sports or are just that really good looking.

Well, it's funny how life plays out sometimes. 

You grow up and see that most of the time, those who get everything handed to them just settle for contentment of where they are in life. And those who have had to work for everything (friendships, weight loss, education, etc.), well, they're living pretty damn good lives. Maybe not financially, no, not yet, but maybe eventually. Everything they have had to work for, they have more appreciation for. And for everything they have more appreciation for, they gain more humbled confidence. They are moved out of that white fenced, picture perfect, little old suburban town and pursuing their careers, dreams and passions in big cities. 

Where have we seen this before? It all sounds so familiar. Your right, this sums up every Taylor Swift song ever written. 

Let me just show you what I am talking about:


I am sure you can tell who this is just by the big ears and the crooked smile. If you could hear his lisp, you would know for sure who it was. Exactly the characteristics people made fun of him for in high school. 

Michael Phelps now?

 BAM! Girls on girls on girls touchin those abs. 
In yo face high school.

Ok next...


Who in the hell is this four-eyed, chubby McChubster with braces?

Ooooh ya know. 

Just this sexy piece of man meat who is only worth $75 million.

Ryan Seacrest. Marry me?

Ok now wait for it... 


O.M.G. Megan Fox????... nerd alert.

But ya know... Nothing a pair of tweezers and braces can't fix. 


Damn. Wish I looked like that after a good tweez job and braces. 

Anyways... you catch my drift. Never judge a book by it's cover because chances are that book is going to sell lots of copies. 

So where am I getting with all of this? Well, I wanted to do a local shout out to show support and appreciation for a friend who is working hard to reach her dream despite the criticism and hardships along the way....

Who is this gem? 

 
Taylor Dukes ladies and gentlemen!!
Bah hahahahaha!
(Sorry Tay. It was on Facebook so it's fair game!)

But in all reality. This talented, genuine, beautiful woman has come so far to be where she is today.

Begin Taylor Dukes shrine now. 







Taylor's voice, talent and passion for music keeps my coming back to her website and listening to her songs. If you are wondering, they are work friendly too. 

Take a listen: Without Me - an original. - My fave of all your originals by the way. 

There are more here: Taylor Dukes the Talented!

Girl you have such a uniqueness to you. I love it! 

But for real though. There are lots of other people I see from high school pursuing their careers and making it big and I couldn't be more happy and proud for them. I admire you all.

So Taylor... Jo(W)anna know what? WHEN you make it big, remember that I was the first person you ran into the law with (hehe), remember that we used to record songs on our super little speakers in our huge Mac computers together, remember that you attended my wedding, and MOST importantly, always remember how hard we used to laugh at this.... 

(Remind me why we thought this was so funny? Watching it now, it kinda creeps me out.)


Anyways... remember all of these sweet, sweet memories of ours because someday, I want those effing front row tickets when you open for Justin Bieber. To support you of course...

Keep up the amazing work, Taylor (and all you other dream chasers from high school) and see you in November!!!!

Gonna end the work day with your rendition of Pumped Up Kicks. Word.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, how are we friends with such a rock star?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock stars flock to us Carrie because we work in PR. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My God, this is amazing... YOu are such a good friend :) And I remember why we laughed that that video-- because it was HILARIOUS! "It's Tuesday, did you bring your coat?" bahah... You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and that curler picture is probably the most attractive picture of me I've ever seen...

    ReplyDelete