Friday, October 12, 2012

Apple Pickin and Apple Makin!

Have I mentioned I L.O.V.E. FALL?!  


Seriously. It's the best. Makes me wanna dance.

I am on a HUGE hot apple cider, smoked Gouda cheese, candle lighting, craft making kick lately. 

Where do I even begin? 

Oh I know... Hobby Lobby. 

I don't know what it is about this season but for some reason my legs are forcing me into hobby lobby and my hands are uncontrollably grabbing craft supplies left and right. 

DIY Wreath Supplies: 
Hobby Lobby grapevine wreath: $4
Hobby Lobby Fall leaves: $6
Hobby Lobby Mini pine-cones: $3
Wreath Hanger - If you don't already have one, Hobby Lobby has all kinds from magnetic to over the door hanger. 
Hot Glue Gun - Again, if you don't already have one, you can certainly find these at Hobby Lobby or any other craft store! 

To Begin: Warm up apple cider, slice some cheese, and set up craft shop! :)


Next: Cut the leaves off the vine/stems and place them/hot glue them onto the wreath.

Cut the mini pine-cones (or whatever these are) off of the stem and begin to place them/hot glue them around the wreath!

And BAM! You have yourself a hand-made fall wreath!

oh hey there.



So with an hour of your time, a good snack, and some good hot apple cider (and when I say good, I mean it should be spiked), and you have yourself a hand-made wreath for under $20!! Don't want to spend the hour? Welp, good luck finding a pre-made one cheaper than that! ;) 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

My next fall excursion includes apples!.... lots of them. I mean like 60 of them. 

Helloooooo MacQueen Apple Orchard!


Warning: Picture overload up ahead! 
(It was really hard for me to only pick a few to share with you!)


If I was jussssst a little taller...

Jenny is extreme apple picking. Climbin trees and what not.

I prefer the ladder.


My bestie and I pickin apples! :) 


Look at all dem trees!

Breathtaking! 

Yay for apples!!!

yum yum yum

It took team work to carry this bag of apples to the car!

 So we rewarded ourselves with Maple Donuts! So. Effing. Good.

Dessert time! Peeling apples to make Apple Crisp! <-- Recipe here!

Didn't even realize until after I took this picture that the apples are smiling! :)

12 sliced apples or 10 cups of sliced apples!

Lay the sliced apples in a 13" by 9" baking pan.

Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.


Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
Sand Castle?

Oh yes... we added mini Hershey chocolates to our recipe! :)


Before oven - Cook on temp. 350 for 45 minutes!

DING! All done! :) 

Yum yum yum! 

It would taste delicious with vanilla ice cream but since we indulged in donuts that I am 100% positive were not low calorie, we had to opt out of the ice cream.
(But I have a ton of left overs so I will be sure to pair it with ice cream this weekend!)

So Jo(W)anna know what? I am obsessed with Fall, Food and Pictures. End of story. 

Not sure what to do this weekend? Find a local apple orchard or pumpkin farm near you, they seriously make great day trips and especially great photo opportunities! 

Have a great weekend! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment