Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall is Officially Here!

Har. Har. Har.

The forecast for this week means that Fall is OFFICIALLY here! I couldn't be more excited for my favorite season. 

I've always been a huge fan of Fall; the clothes (absolutely LOVE the clothes), the baking, the apple cider, the colors of the leaves, the crisp air, football (particularly the Steelers), the smell of pumpkin scented candles, my birthday, the holidays, the list goes on and on. I have no idea why, but all of it brings me such joy.  

Ahhh yes. [sigh of happiness] - Fall is officially here.
Scarf, terrible towel, fall decor and all.

This Fall, however, has more in store for me than the usual perks of this lovely season. For one instance, I get married in less than 2 months. 58 days, 11 hours, and 22 minutes to be exact. But who's counting? Ok, I am. 

Another perk is that once I become a wife, I will become an Aunt either automatically or shortly after. Tony's sister, Rachel, is due just around our wedding and I couldn't be more excited to take on the roles of becoming a wife and an aunt all at the same time!

So many exciting things to look forward to!!! 

There is, however, one aspect of Fall that gets me down in the dumps; Tony's traveling season for work. As an Admissions Counselor for BGSU, Fall is his busiest time of the year with traveling to different high schools around Ohio, and its surrounding states, recruiting students to come to college. Starting last week, Tony is pretty much gone every day, of every week, up until November 3 (just 2 weeks before our wedding)! Although he absolutely loves doing what he does, I get a little bitter towards all the high school kids that get to see his face more than I do.

BUT! On the bright side, I am so busy with work and wedding planning that the weeks are just flying by and before ya know it, our wedding will be here. 

Ok, and I have to admit... Tony and I received a new down comforter along with a beautiful duvet set at our bridal shower and I've been anxiously waiting for the weather to cool so I could put it on the bed! With Tony being gone, I can't wait to use it, hog it all to myself and report back to him how amazingly comfortable it is and how we'll quickly become best friends; the down comforter and I that is.

For some reason, Fall makes me want to craft more. I don't know if it's the cooler temperatures or what, but there is something about this season that I somehow always wind up in Hobby Lobby after work. This upcoming weekend is Rachel's baby shower and I have been a crazy crafty woman preparing for it. For spoiling purposes, I will refrain from sharing my crafts until after the shower!

But let's just say, when Rachel has that baby, I will have an outfit ready for that precious little girl... 
;o)
Baby's doin' time.

So Jo(W)anna know what? I think Lauren DeStefano said it best, "Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale". Ain't that the truth! I have a feeling that this Fall will be my grand finale of all the good and beautiful things headed my way. I am so excited for all that is to come but please don't fly by too fast, Fall. Winter and I DO NOT get along. 

2 comments:

  1. New follower (I found your blog through Keep Calm and Carrie On :)) and I have to say I'm a fellow Midwesterner who is SO GLAD fall is here! I'm from Michigan, and fall is the best: snuggly sweaters, fall food, fall crafting...and no snow yet! And of course, you're getting married so soon: how exciting. I have to wait through a hopefully not toooo long winter before we get to my day in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for fall too...I just hope the leaves decide to start changing within the next 9 days so there is a little color in the trees for my wedding!

    oh and being an aunt is the BEST. I love everything about it...including all the adorable little girl clothes!

    ReplyDelete