Friday, September 14, 2012

Columbus Bound

Yeah, yeah, I know it has been QUITE some time since my last post, BUT, I have legit reasons... like planning a wedding.

Anyways.

Tomorrow (Friday) after work I am heading to Columbus to visit two of my best friends from high school and I absolutely cannot wait!!!!





Reason number 845962 why I love that they are my friends:
"Mimosas are a must" - DUHHHHHH

So to show my appreciation for their hospitality, I have baked some treats! Some fall treats to be more specific. 


Fall is my favorite season to bake. The smell of pumpkin and the warmth of freshly baked goods makes me want to curl up on the couch with a blanket, a glass of wine, a movie and of course, a sweet sweet snack. 

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars!!!

Yum yum yum. 

First, stir together all the ingredients: All-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, granulated sugar, pecans (if using), baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, egg whites, pumpkin, canola oil, milk and 1/3 cup of chocolate pieces.

Secondly, spread the batter very evenly in the prepared pan. 



Third: sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons chocolate pieces.



Finally, bake about 25 minutes.

DING! Done! :o) 

The verdict? Well, I am always biased towards my baking so I guess I will find out this weekend when I let the girls taste them! 

Time to pack them up and pack my things to be ready to leave tomorrow! 

What to pack my chocolate chip brownie goodies in? Oh I know...



My new casserole traveling dish that two beautiful women gave to me for my bridal shower cough cough:: Katrina Heilmeier and Erin Heilmeier:: cough cough

If you can't read it... it has "The Giannells" engraved on the bottom of it. So when I bring goodies to other people's homes/parties, no one can steal my dish! :o) Seriously so thoughtful of them! 

So Jo(W)anna know what? Mimosas, something sweet, and life-long friends are bound to  make this weekend an unforgettable one. Can't wait to share pictures!


Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment