Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter Made me MIA

I've been super MIA lately... I blame it on Easter festivities and my hesitation to pack more than my necessities. 

What are my necessities you ask? Clothes, toiletries and my DSLR camera. My laptop got left behind.. therefore preventing me from blogging.

Thursday night began my fun-filled four day weekend. Thursday night I polished off a bottle of wine while baking sweet, sweet, delicate, delicious treats for Sunday with my roommate, Jenny. Since I gave up sweets for lent, baking was the hardest thing EVER. No exaggeration. There was no spoon licking and no sample tasting... Thank God for that bottle of wine.

My Easter Cupcakes! 
Mini Easter Cupcakes!
My roommate, Jenny's, Easter cake ball creations!

Friday morning, I woke up with a slight headache but got dressed and nonchalantly ran 10 miles. 

Hahaha just kidding, I was seriously stoked that I actually ran that far. The little voice inside my head kept telling me to quit after mile 2 but the cheers I get from my Nike+ app made me feel like I couldn't let myself down.

BAM! 

 After my run, I showered, packed for the weekend, and then Tony and I drove off to Cleveland to spend the Easter weekend at his family's.

Saturday, Tony and I had our engagement pictures in Cuyahoga Falls! Mother Nature must have been feeling generous because the weather was unbelievably beautiful! It was a high of 60 and sunny!

Just a sneak peak!

After our pictures, we stopped in Hudson (where I went to High School) and ate breakfast at the ever so legendary Yours Truly restaurant. We drove around the town after breakfast so that I could get my fix of 'walking down memory lane', and then we headed back to Tony's parents house! 

Before dinner, Tony and I went to his old elementary school for some swinging! No... not that kind of swinging... I'm talking about the kind of swinging on swing set! Sounds incredibly cheesy and lame, but swinging sort of has a relaxing vibe to it; It brings out the kid  in Tony and I and we always feel rejuvenated after a swing session. Plus, it was an opportunity, and excuse, for me to use my camera! :o)


Saturday night, we dyed Easter eggs, which is a Giannell family tradition. I forgot to take a picture of mine and Tony's eggs.. so thankfully, Tony's mom sent me a picture of them on her phone! 

Tony's egg says "Tony <3 Joanna" and mine says "11-17-12" :o)

Sunday morning, Easter morning, snuck up on me and before you know it.. I was shoving all those cupcakes I made down my throat. No regrets. It was legit the best day of my life and I completely spoiled my dinner but I was 100% ok with that. 

After church, we took family pictures outside, since the sun was out and shining again!


After pictures, we went hunting for our Easter baskets. Yes, you heard me right, we still get Easter baskets! It was glorious. My basket was filled with chocolate, sour patch kids, skittles... everything heavenly and sweet... and everything a little kid would get excited over. Judge away if you will but it was wonderful and I've pretty much already eaten everything! 

Needless to say, I had an incredible busy, yet fun weekend. But Jo(W)anna know what? It's back to reality.... but only until next weekend! Next weekend will be another fun-filled, busy weekend... Why you ask? Because it's TONY'S BIRTHDAY! WOOHOO!

So until next time (which I promise won't be as long as last time), I hope you all had a wonderful, fattening, Easter like I did! 

And for those of you who were bad during lent... that sucks if you already ate your chocolate...

;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment