Monday, April 2, 2012

The Color Run!

It's official! I am signed up to participate in the Cleveland Color Run!!



I have been waiting for this day for what seems like forever! I even had it marked on my outlook calendar with a reminding alert... Judge if you will.



Since running has become a new found love of mine... I have spent a lot of $$ lately for upcoming runs; Cleveland 10 miler in April - $50, Cleveland Half Marathon in May - $65 and now the color run in June. I almost feel like I don't have enough money for groceries... maybe I need to rethink my priorities... nah.

The Color Run just looks like so much fun that, to me, $40 to get splattered with colored corn starch with your friends and family seems like a perfectly reasonable amount.

So what's the color run you ask? Check it out:


Looks incredibly messy, yet incredibly and insanely fun... RIGHT?!

But to go more in detail about the run (since the video just gives an incredible visual of what I am eagerly awaiting to encounter), here is what the Color Run is:

(Per the Color Run website)

What is the Color Run?
The Color Run is a one of a kind experience that is less about speed and more about enjoying a color crazy day with your friends and family. Our events, are all about people of all different speeds, ages, shapes, and sizes toeing the start line. Whether you are a casual morning mall walker or an Olympic athlete, the 3 miles of the Color Run course will be the most enjoyable real estate you’ve traveled in a VERY long time. You will love this Color Dash of fun!

How does it work?
The Color Run pretty much has 2 SIMPLE rules. 1. White shirts (any mostly white T will work great) mandatory at the start line and 2. Color plastered EVERYTHING at the finish! Runner/walkers begin the 5k at the start line like a brand new pristine coloring book, they end looking like they fell into a Willy Wonka… tie dyed… vat of colored goodness.

What is the Color?
Each kilometer of the event is associated with a designated color. 1k is yellow, 2k is blue, 3k is green, 4k is pink, and the 5k finish is a “Color Extravaganza.” As the runners/walkers hit the Kilometer COLOR RUN Zones, they will be blitzed by our volunteers, sponsors, and staff with COLOR. The color is a special “elf made” recipe of magical color dust. All products are 100% natural and safe. You can eat the stuff if you’d like (we have tried it and don’t suggest it, it is surprisingly high in calories and leaves a chalky aftertaste). 

So there you have it folks... Reader, color run.. color run, reader. Now that you are introduced, GO SIGN UP!!

Now that I am registered... I have a new countdown on my outlook calendar for the actual event. June 16th... you are only 76 days away and I am coming for you!!

So Jo(W)anna know what? If you can't already tell... I cannot wait to experience this day of color mania happiness... But to Cristina, E. Smith, Tony, and the rest of my friends signing up... I CALL NOT DRIVING AFTER THE RACE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment