Thursday, April 18, 2013

Military Diet Continued...

So here I am... day three of the military diet... 


How am I feeling, you ask? 


Army Strong Weak.

After ending day one with this meal...
...I ended the day feeling strong, confident and thinking to myself, "Hey! This isn't so bad".

Whelp... then day two came along.... 

Breakfast Day 2: 
1/2 banana, 1 slice of toast and 1 egg. The diet plan didn't say coffee, so I stuck with water. 

Lunch Day 2: 
5 saltine crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese and 1 hard boiled egg. 

Thoughts:
Dear Lord someone save me. I am starting to see mirages of cupcakes.


No cupcake. Go away. You're not real...


Dinner Day 2: 
2 hot dogs with no buns (yes I cut them up like a 5 year old), 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup of carrots, 1 cup of broccoli...

OH - and who can forget my 1/2 cup of Vanilla Ice Cream...
(probably the only thing that excites me about this diet)

Instead of sitting at home last night staring at food (more specifically at my Starbursts and my chocolate bunny from Easter), I decided to go to hot yoga to distract me from my cravings. 

Well... that just made me even hungrier. So I turned on some television and went to bed. 

A sad stomach does not make for an easy night's rest. 

But here I am, on day 3, with only 10 more hours to go... 
...but who's counting?

I was in a rush this morning, so I didn't get to snap a picture, but my breakfast consisted of 5 saltine crackers, 1 slice of cheddar cheese and a small apple. 

Lunch Day 3:
1 hard boiled egg and 1 slice of toast and... 
and...
and...

I keep waiting for something else to pop up for me to be able to eat... 

But nope. That's it.

Tonight's dinner includes 1 cup of tuna (BARF), 1/2 banana, and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream. 


I WANT MORE.
(insert baby crying here)

Oh well... When I weighed myself this morning, the scale said I dropped 4 pounds. That would average out to 2 pounds each day of the diet. So by tomorrow morning, I can't imagine myself losing 6 pounds to reach a loss of 10 pounds.

I predict, that by tomorrow morning, my total will be around 6 pounds of weight loss in 3 days. Which hey, I'd say is pretty good for the suffering through tuna and saltine crackers.

I do want to point out that this diet coined its' name because military people used to use this diet when they needed to get in shape quickly. Before women became more active in the military, and since men lose weight faster, the military diet can advertise up to 10 pounds of weight loss. However, everyone loses weight differently. So for some of you, you may be able to lose 10 pounds in 3 days, but for others, such as myself, a good 6 pounds will just have to suffice.

But hey. 6 pounds is 6 pounds.

I would recommend this diet if you are looking for a quick fix and want to shed a few LB's before a wedding, a bathing suit wearin' vacation, or just because you notice your summer shorts didn't quite fit like they did last year.  

But Jo(W)anna know what? Will I do this diet again? 


The probably of that being a no is a good 99.9%. 


1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Glad you could complete it! I might have to give it a try in a few weeks. Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete