Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another New Year... We Meet Again.


Oh my gosh, it's 2013 and my last blog post was October 19, 2012. 

What has the world come to? I don't even know.

It's not like I've been busy either. In the months of November and December I was just doing regular things that every normal person does... You know, like get married, go on a honeymoon, enjoy Thanksgiving on a beach, becoming an Aunt, celebrate my best friends engagement in Columbus, attend bachelorette parties, celebrate Christmas, and most recently, be a part of my best friend's wedding in Cincinnati. 

You know... just your everyday stuff. ;o)

But now that all the holiday/celebration eating and drinking shenanigans are over. I realized that I haven't shown my blog some TLC in a while. My deepest apologies, blog. 


Now that 2012 is long gone (yes I realize that it was JUST 2012 like 2 days ago), it's time to look forward to 2013 and set some new goals... or maybe just renew the old ones I had last year... I dunno... we'll see. 

But wait, hold up, rewind. I'm still stuck on the realization that I got married!! 

How is post-wedding life, you ask? 

Well, it still hasn't really sunk in yet. I think that once Tony and I buy a house and get a dog, then maybe I'll finally begin to feel like a "REAL" wife. But for now, I still feel like I have more wedding planning to do or something. 

I look at our pictures and want to relive the day. It was perfect. Not 1 thing went wrong. The weather was 55 and sunny, the entire bridal party looked sharp, the food and drinks were delicious and mine and Tony's families and friends danced the night away.

Here is just a small glimpse of the day when Tony and I said, "I Do": 

The dress!

Before we headed to the church!

Becoming husband and wife! :o)

BUBBLES! 

Our reenactment of the "Bridesmaids" pose!

Boys being boys.

Sweeping me off my feet in the elevator! 

Tony and I met at college, so the BGSU mascots came to celebrate with us!
This picture is with all the BGSU alumni at our wedding! 

It was seriously such a perfect day and I can't thank everyone enough who helped make it so perfect! 


Alllllllllright. Now back to 2013. With every new year comes an "I am going to..." or an "I will..." and then a few more of "me's" and "I's". Resolutions are great. I think it's encouraging that people become motivated to better themselves. I find it intriguing, and refreshing, how many people interpret a new year as a fresh, clean slate. To forgive and forget and to just move forward. 

So as expected, here are some resolutions I have set for the new year: 

1. To finally reach my Weight Watcher's goal. I have a mere 15 pounds to go (no thanks to my honeymoon and the holidays) and I am determined to reach that goal by May! (Just in time for bikini season!)

2. To find and buy a house with Tony! It's time to settle down and find a place to call our own. (Plus I really want a dog).

3. Complete a full marathon! Columbus Full, here I come!

But before I finish, we must remember that as many joys and happiness a new year will bring, there will also be sorrow and sadness as well. Winston Churchill once said, "We make a living by what we get. But we make a life by what we give.” 

So Jo(W)anna know what? My fourth and final resolution is:

4. To live life to the fullest. To always be kind. To always remember that someone else has it harder than I do. To always lend a helping hand, an ear to listen, and a shoulder to cry on. As we get older; time gets shorter. Stinks, doesn't it? Make 2013 a year to remember that sometimes, it's ok to laugh at yourself. Don't take life too seriously. 


So here is to a New Year... 
....
...This is your cue to leave work, go to happy hour and raise your glass...
...then begin your workout plan tomorrow.

Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment