Wednesday, August 1, 2012

OOOOOKlahoma - My trip home!

Tony and I just got back from our relaxing trip home to Oklahoma! 

True. But not true in Tony's case. 
It never fails that he belts out this song every time we touch down in Tulsa. 

It's always so nice to vacation at home. The sun is always out, the fridge is always full, the company is fun and the wine is endless! But because of it's luxuries... I am avoiding the scale for a few days. Whoops.
It is a liar... 

I'm having trouble fully comprehending that my vacation is over. Time flies when you're on vacation time. And that's the truth. I like to keep my schedule simple, relaxing, yet fun while I am at home. Since I only get to go home roughly twice a year, I like to spend the majority of my time actually at home. But I also like to get out and do different things every once in a while as well. 
-----------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, when I arrived, I did nothing but hang out at home with my mom, Tony and my dogs! Have I mentioned I am obsessed with my dogs?



Yep. Obsessed. 
-----------------------------------------------------
On Thursday, Tony and I were supposed to take a ride to visit Oklahoma University's campus, but it was so dang hot that we decided to pass on that idea. Walking around outside in the heat didn't seem too appealing. Instead, we hung out at home in the AC until my mom got home from work. 

I decided to water the flowers around the house, since Oklahoma is in a drought. While doing so, a Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly graced me with its' oh so beautiful presence. 

 Look at that beaut!


 I spy two butterflies now.

I became so captivated with taking pictures of the butterflies that Tony had to finish watering the flowers for me. Haha.
 He looks handsome watering flowers too! ;o)

We then headed out to the mall to do some shopping! Shopping always sounds pleasant when it's too hot to do anything else. Meh... ok. Shopping always sounds pleasant regardless of the weather.

That's when I tried on my Miss America dress as a joke: 


However, my mom ended up loving this dress that she tried desperately to convince me to have a "Plan B"  dress in case someone spills something on me on my wedding day. A girl pays so much money for a wedding dress that hell, it better be worn the entire night; spills or no spills. So needless to say, the dress ended up staying at Dillards. 
-----------------------------------------------------
Friday Friday Friday! The Driller's Game! My dad's company gets free tickets to the Driller's Games so yep, we took advantage of that. And let me tell ya, we had pretty darn good seats:

So me, being camera happy and all, of course took a lot of pictures. Tony always makes fun of me for constantly having my camera on hand... But he'll thank me some day. 

 Tony and I in front of the ballpark! 

 My sister, Jen, and I enjoying the game!

 The Driller's mascot, Hornsby! 

 Tony and I! :o)

 Jen and I decided to buy Tony a blow up monkey. It was the best $5 we've ever spent.

 Me walking with Chase!

 Chase on Jen's shoulders.

There are many many more pictures of Chase the Monkey. But I thought I would spare you. 

After the game, we were so close to the Center of the Universe that we decided to just go visit it! Wait, what? The Center of the Universe? Yes. You heard me right.

The Center of the Universe is in downtown Tulsa believe it or not! You can follow a brick path that leads straight to a brick circle. When standing in the middle of this circle, you can make any sound that you like and it will echo in your ears. What's crazy is, is that no one outside the circle can hear it, no one outside the circle sounds like they are echoing to you when they talk, and there are no surfaces near enough to even produce this echo! That sh*t cray.

Me in the Center of the Universe.
-----------------------------------------------------
Saturday! Pool day! 

Love me some sun... except for when I don't put enough sunscreen on... womp womp. 

Yep. I got burnt. If you know me, that's no surprise. 
Maybe I wasn't using the right sunscreen? 
 Wish I would've known about Will Ferrell's Sexy Hot Tan lotion. 

Ooooh well. The pool was fun regardless. Jen, Tony and I sipped on some drinks, enjoyed each other's companies and relaxed all day! Even after a dip in the pool, we found this little guy on Tony's chair wanting to hang out with us:
 But Tony wouldn't share his seat with him.
Nope... Tony was too cool sportin my Fedora:
 (What a stud)

Then there is me... just enjoying the day! 
Doesn't get any better! :o)
-----------------------------------------------------
Are you guys ready for this next activity? 

On Sunday after church, my mom, Tony and I experienced our first Indian Pow Wow. Yeehaaaaw. Wait. Wrong expression. But let me tell ya... it sure was an experience!

 My mom and I! 

 A woman in front of us getting ready for the pow wow!

All of the Native Americans from different tribes parading into the pow wow.

Hold up. Pictures don't do justice...
I could have kept recording, but their dances and songs are very repetitive. 

After the pow-wow, we headed home for an early celebration of my mom's birthday! For dinner, we had buffalo steak, baked potatoes, broccoli salad and fruit. That was my first time trying buffalo steak and let me tell ya, hopefully it won't be my last. Boy was that some expensive delicious meat!! 

After dinner, we shared laughs, wine and cake as my mom opened up her gifts!
  
It's not a Larkin birthday if there isn't cake, wine and laughter!



I would say laughter is the key to maintaining youth! :o) 
-----------------------------------------------------
So Jo(W)anna know what? Trips to your home, or even just staycations, can sometimes be the best vacation. It shouldn't matter where you vacation, but rather who you vacation with that matters. I could have spent a whole more month at home and not get sick of my family... but unfortunately, reality calls. A dose of family is sometimes just the right medication. 

Now if only I could get back into the swing of things at work and stop being in denial that vacation is really over... 
Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment