Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Bucket List

Oh the things I would like to do before I die...


I present to you: My bucket list.


This drawing "pails" in comparison... har har har

There are so many things I want to do. Tony constantly has to listen to me say "we should do this" or "wouldn't it be fun to do this?" Then, when he immediately reminds me these types of things are not in our budget, I begin to mewl followed with puppy dog eyes. (Never works) 


Maybe it doesn't work because I look more creepy than I do pitiful.
Like this guy. 


However, it seems as though whenever I come up with an idea of something to do, I want to do it right away. Maybe if I had the appropriate funds and time to get everything done when I wanted to get them done, then perhaps I wouldn't even need a bucket list. But since I am no millionaire with all the time in the world, here I am. Creating one.  


So here we go. The 50 things I would like to accomplish before I turn age 50:


1. Marry the love of my life. (5 more months!!)
2. Move out of Ohio.
3. Buy a house.
4. Start my own garden. 
5. Skydive.
6. Travel to all 50 states... I already have 24 down!
7. Ride in a blimp.
8. Be in a musical.
9. Buy a dog.
10. Record a song of my own. 
11. Run a full marathon.
12.Coach a cheerleading squad.
13. Maintain my blog. 
14. Get over my fear of Rollerblades (ever since that dreadful day in 6th grade I despise those 3 wheeled shoes)
15. Swim with Dolphins.
16. Hike a volcano. 
17. Get my Masters Degree.
18. Learn how to speak another language fluently. 
19. Visit Ireland. 
20. Send my parents on a vacation. 
21. Surprise Tony with something! (Can't write it on here or he won't be surprised!)
22. Bicycle on the Great Wall of China. 
23. See Jason Mraz in concert. 
24. Go to a Saturday Night Live show. 
25. Make my own wine. 
26. Donate blood every year. 
27. Learn how to cook (Yes. I can't cook). 
28. Go on a safari. 
29. Write letters to my best friends and never lose touch with them. 
30. Go to Vegas for my 30th birthday. 
31. Professionally photograph as a side job. 
32. Lose 50 pounds. (Almost there!)
33. Learn to play golf. 
34. Go on a helicopter ride.
35. Visit the Niagara Falls. 
36. Visit Stonehenge. 
37. Visit the Art Institute of Chicago. 
38. See Mount Rushmore. 
39. See the Hollywood sign.
40. Solve a Rubik's Cube. 
41. Go to the Kentucky Derby. 
42. Make a list of 100 books I want to read. 
43. Grow Orchids. (My favorite flower).
44. Make a difference in at least one person's life. 
45. Buy a Coach purse. 
46. Be debt free!
47. Raise a happy and healthy child. 
48. Attend the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
49. Retire to a beach house. 
50. Grow old with Tony. :o) 


There it is. Published for all to see. Now I feel obligated to scratch them off! Something about accountability that really get's me going... 


So Jo(W)anna know what? Time to get started! Time is on its' own time; it waits for no one or nothing. So when life presents you with life-changing opportunities, live with no regrets. Don't procrastinate on your goals! YOLO!



What's on your bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment